Just bought a new pair of pointe shoes, but sadly I can’t just buy them and wear them as they are. They need elastic and ribbons around the ankle and a suede toecap for extra grip.
You might have noticed that I changed the header of wewontgothere. I felt it was time for a change and I hope you like it!
And lastly, Angela of Angela See, Angela Blog has passed me the Over The Top Award, thank you!
1. Where is your cell phone? Connected to the computer, that’s where I got the pictures of my pointe shoes from
2. Your hair? Escaping from a bun, out of my face
3. Your mother? On the couch opposite me
4. Your father? At work
5. Your favorite food? I hate to be unoriginal but it has to be chocolate!
6. Your dream last night? Can’t remember
7. Your favorite drink? Tea, or homemade iced tea
8. Your dream/goal? Career involving art and maths
9. What room are you in? The living room
10. Your hobby? Fashion, listening to Fall Out Boy, this blog
11. Your fear? Heights and Twilight merchandise (I swear it follows me EVERYWHERE!)
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Having fun and living a happy life
13. Where were you last night? At home
14. Something you aren’t? Silly
15. Muffins? Yep, chocolate chip and warm please!
16. Wish list item? Chanel 2.55 and a pair of Loubs
17. Where did you grow up? Australia
18. Last thing you did? Painted my nails mint green, met with a friend
19. What are you wearing? Washed out grey jeans, an orange t-shirt, a robot necklace and an architectural cocktail ring.
20. Your TV? Is way too small
21. Your pets? None
22. Your friends? Are awesome :)
23. Your life? Pretty good right now
24. Your mood? Happy and calm
25. Missing someone? Not at the moment
26. Vehicle? Can’t drive yet, so I suppose my feet
27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes, I don’t really need them right now
28. Your favorite store? Cue, Dangerfield and Spotlight
29. Your favorite color? Red
30. When was the last time you laughed? 2 hours ago
31. Last time you cried? Hmm, sometime in 2009
32. Your best friend? M and B
33. One place that I go over and over? Home
34. One person who emails me regularly? WhoWhatWear Daily, Sportsgirl, Blogger
35. Favorite place to eat? Home and anywhere with nice food, both with good company
I think the word I’m looking for to describe this collection is ethereal. Or any one of these. Giorgio Armani is someone who continuously creates beautiful masterpieces, it’s so refreshing! The haute couture is always gorgeous, and Spring/Summer 2010 is no different.
P.S If you haven’t seen Luxirare’s post about making shoes, you seriously need to check it out here!
I have been waiting for this pattern to arrive for around three weeks, and today it came! It’s a discontinued pattern, which is why I had to order it online (from here) after Spotlight couldn’t sell it to me. This pattern would’ve only cost me around $20 in store, but it ended up costing me $35 including postage (it had to be shipped from Manhattan), which was a bit of a bummer…but it’s worth it! I’m making jacket B and I’ll post pictures of the finished product soon :)
Excuse the bad photos, they’re from my phone.
Crystals suspended in pure resin, just wow!
Check out the Atelier Swarovski website, because Zaha Hadid isn’t the only person Swarovski have teamed up with, check out Jason Wu, Nicholas Kirkwood, Christopher Kane and Matthew Williamson’s collections.
I really loved the purple patent of this shoe, and at $37.50 what was not to love? I also bought some summer clothes from Myer, from a new brand they’re stocking called One Tru Luv. There are still sales on, so go have some fun and get some retail therapy :)